Collaborations and Linkages
The University has collaborated with several institutions/industries with similar interests to improve research and innovation, exchange programmes, scholarship, curriculum development, infrastructural development and general service to staff and students.
The institutions that the University has signed Memorandum of Understanding include:
- Project Humanity and Africa Library Project- USA: Corporate social responsibility through mobilizing book drives for primary schools in Migori and Homa Bay Counties. 64,000 books to 40 Primary schools, 23 Secondary schools and one community have been distributed.
- University of Texas at El Paso, USA: Curriculum development in the School of Business and Human Resource Development
- Hebei Academy of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences, China: Science lab equipment, exchange of germplasm, exchange of research findings. Control of Maize Lethal Necrotic Disease
- University of Brighton, UK: Received Media lab equipment, working on developing community radio. Some of radio equipment have been received. Developed material on HIV and AIDs for dissemination through community radio and youth empowerment.
- Migori County and Wuhan Textile University, China: This is a collaboration on Textile and ICT. 2 staff have been trained at masters level at Wuhan Textile University. Mulberry and silkworm rearing.
- The McKnight Foundation, USA: Grant to undertake research on utilization of sorghum for food and nutrition security of smallholder famers
- National Research Fund, Kenya: Research fund for establishment of soil analysis laboratory. Research on postharvest handling.
- University of Nairobi and USAID: Capacity building (internships, hackathon, bootcamps and trainings), research (workshops on research, policy briefs, meetings and online learning). Short courses to be offered
- The University of Rwanda: Joint multidisciplinary conference planned to discuss the role of universities in socio-economic development in Africa, with emphasis on food security, manufacturing, education and healthcare.
- DAAD: Received donation of books
- Nottingham Trent University, UK: There is an ongoing process of establishing the Eastern Africa PhD Hub which will enhance capacity building for PhD supervision.
- Northern Illinois University, USA: One visiting research fellowship has been conducted. The fellowship is related to research on peace, cohesion and integration.
- Woodrow Wilson International Centre for Scholars, Washington DC, USA: A policy brief on Countering Violent Extremism among young women and youth has been published.
- Centre for Global Peace Journalism, Park University, USA: Conducted one national and one regional Peace Journalism Training Workshops to sensitize journalists on conflict sensitive reporting for peace and development.