Dr Lameck Ronoh
Dr James Abila
Mr Steve Oloo
About The Department
Welcome to the Department of Information Science and Informatics. The main aim of our department is to provide a holistic teaching and learning in the domains of Informatics, Information science and Health Systems and Records management in quest of churning out professionals of international quality. We therefore welcome you, to explore our department for the aforementioned exciting academic career programs that will sculpture you to be a fully-fledged Informaticist, information scientist and health informatics graduate.
Purpose to become an integral part of this highly competitive and futuristic disciplines by enrolling for one of our exciting degree programmes. Become an informaticist, information specialist, knowledge manager and health Informaticist.
We have dedicated staff who are also very active researchers publishing widely in international and locally accredited peer reviewed journals hence keeping abreast with new developments in their respective specialised fields of study.
The department focal areas of research domains include but not limited to: Cyber security and digital forensics, IT Metric models, Knowledge management , healthcare management and technology adoption, ontology based data integration, data mining and machine learning in healthcare and Informatics, health polices and services and bibliometrics
1.Master of Science in Information Technology
2. Master of Science in Health Informatics
1. Bachelor of Science in Information Science
2. Bachelor of Science in Informatics
3. Bachelor Science in Health Systems Management
4. Bachelor of Science in Health Records and Information Management
1. Diploma in Library and Information Studies
2. Diploma in Information and Communication Technology
3. Diploma in Health Records and Technology (Regular and weekend options)
1. Certificate in Library and Information Studies
2. Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology