Mr. Joseph Origa,
Ag. Head of Department
Staff within the department include;
Maintenance officers, Administrative assistant, Clerical officers, Artisans in carpentry, Masonry, Welding and Electrical installation, Grounds men and Cleaners.
Functions of the department
- Supply and maintenance of water facilities within the university
- Maintenance of sewerage works.
- Maintenance of grounds and parks.
- Beautification and landscaping works through planting ornamental trees and flowers.
- Repairs and maintenance of buildings, roads, electrical works, plumbing works and minor construction works within the university.
- Maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Liasing with management for allocation of office space.
- Labellling of assests e.g for furniture, machines and offices within the university.
- Ensuring that cleaning services are done on offices, washrooms, pavements etc
- Arranging of venues for university functions (including classrooms, meetings, celebrations and ceremonies).
- Movement of university assets and storage in respective places when required.
- Ensuring that the machine room operates effectively by serving other departments in printing and photocopying of documents