The Procurement Department deals with acquisition of goods, works and services for the University. It also deals with coordination of disposal of unserviceable, obsolete or surplus stores, assets and equipment. In order to carry out the above function the department is guided by the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and the Regulations, 2006.
- Ensure that goods or services are acquired from the right source, right quality, right quantity, at the right time and the right price
- Ensure an open, transparent and compliant procurement process
- Achieve continuous improvement on all categories of expenditure through a transparent and fair procurement process
- Achieve Value for Money in all procurement activities
- Promote equality of opportunities for all businesses and in particular SMEs
- Work in partnership with the private sector and other organizations to achieve value for money, quality and effective service delivery
- Promote innovation
- Encourage environmental and social sustainability through effective procurement policies and practices.
|Registration of suppliers of various categories|
|Tendering for various categories of goods, works and services|
|Disposal of unserviceable and obsolete assets|