ROAD SAFETY MAINSTREAMING TRAINING
By, Antony Achayo, Communication Student.
Rongo University was privileged to have hosted a team of officials from The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) for a three-day training on Road Safety mainstreaming in MDAS. The training was themed on; Turning policy into practice: Implementation of the workplace Road Safety Policy.
The objectives of the three-day engagement were as follows:
- To make Rongo University Road Safety Committee understand the roles of NTSA.
- To make the committee be conversant with the current road safety situation.
- To educate the committee on Road Safety Mainstreaming.
- To review the MDA Road Safety Workplace Policy.
- To make the committee understands its roles and responsibilities in implementing the 18th PC Cycle.
Representatives of staffs from each and every department in the university participated actively in meeting the above objectives that were extensively facilitated by Mr. Samuel Musumba – Program Director at National Road Safety and Transport Authority and Miss. Glonse Gesenwa.
Rongo University fraternity led by the institution’s Vice Chancellor Prof. Samuel Gudu, received and opened the seminar. He reminded the participants that;
“As a driver you are responsible for your own mistakes and for the mistakes of other road users”